I believe that the most powerful part of the therapeutic relationship is in the human connection. It is in this connection that the creative and dynamic process of change begins. I value each client’s individual narrative and offer a safe and peaceful environment to address aspects of life that may prevent you from recognizing your capacity for healing.
Whether you are negotiating life losses, feelings of anxiety and depression or adjustment to life challenges, I see my role as compassionate listener and guide. I will quietly challenge you to move beyond negative patterns of thought. My approach while directive is holistic, and supportive.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LISW-S), Certified EMDR practitioner and advocate of mindfulness. EMDR (Eye Movement and Desensitization Therapy) is a psychotherapy that enables people to heal from the symptoms and emotional distress that are the result of disturbing life experiences. It incorporates multiple clinical approaches including cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness and a focus on dual attention. You can read more about EMDR here.
- Years in Practice: 30 Years
- Education: Masters in Social Work,
University of Pennsylvania, 1991
- License No. and State: I.0007819-SUPV Ohio
- Emotionally Focused
- Positive Psychology
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Trauma Focused
- Managing Personal Loss in a Professional Life: Strategies and resources for coping with grief in the workplace
- Caring for the Caregiver: A workshop focusing on supporting those working in healthcare to develop healthy self-care habits
- Supporting Grieving Staff: Facilitated rituals to allow staff to process significant losses in the workplace
- When a Child Dies: Training for those working with families who have experienced the loss of a child.
- Certified EMDR Therapist
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapist, Level 1
- Trauma and PTSD
- Relationship Issues
- Coping Skills
- Emotional Disturbance
- Family Conflict
- Peer Relationships
- Self Esteem
- Sexual Abuse
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Women’s Issues